Ingredients for Meat Mixture:
2 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil
1 large onion, diced
2 pounds of lean ground turkey
1 small can of tomato paste (156 ml)
1 cup of organic chicken broth
1 tablespoon of coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
¾ teaspoon of unrefined salt
Black pepper to taste
2½ cups of vegetables (for example: cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, carrots)
Ingredients for Cauli-mash:
2 small or 1 large cauliflower(s)
1 tablespoon of coconut milk
3 tablespoons of ghee (or coconut oil)
Unrefined salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
Directions for the Meat:
1. In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil. Once oil is heated, add diced onions. Cook until translucent.
2. Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomato paste, broth, coconut aminos, salt, pepper and vegetables.
3. Cook until vegetables are slightly tender but still crisp and set aside.
Directions for the Cauli-mash:
1. Cut and wash cauliflower. Add to large pot with one cup of water (to steam).
2. Cook until tender. Drain well.
3. Add cauliflower, coconut milk, ghee, salt and pepper to food processor. Blend until creamy.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Use coconut oil or non-stick spray to coat the bottom of a casserole dish.
6. Add meat mixture. Next, layer the cauli-mash, spreading a layer over the meat mixture.
7. Optional: Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast and paprika over the cauli-mash.
8. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
We like to broil for a few minutes at the end just to add some colour.