A low carb lifestyle can still be this delicious! A healthy alternative to wheat and gluten because we're all about comfort foods! A healthy, quick and easy low carb English muffin.
1 tablespoon of coconut flour
¼ cup of almond flour
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
⅛ _teaspoon of unrefined salt
½ tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee, melted
1 tablespoon of coconut milk
½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a small baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a small pot on low heat, melt the coconut oil or ghee, and set aside.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, add coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Using a fork, press out any lumps and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, add the melted coconut/ghee, coconut milk, egg and apple cider vinegar.
7. Whisk together and add to the dry ingredients.
8. Using a spatula, mix together until well combined and a soft dough is formed.
9. Place two pastry rings on the prepared baking pan and fill the ring with the batter.
10. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before handling.