1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp unrefined salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup of swerve, or monk fruit
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Directions for the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350F, and line 9 muffin cups with paper liners and fill the remaining two empty muffin cups with water so cooking is evenly distributed.
2. Gently melt the coconut oil and set aside.
3. In a food processor add all the dry ingredients. Process just to combine.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla, and coconut oil.
5. Process again, making sure everything is well combined, scrape down sides of bowl if needed.
6. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter and bake for 18-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire wrack to completely cool.
8. Once cooled remove the center of the cupcake with a knife, making a well for the filling.
Directions for the Filling:
1. Cream from one can of full fat coconut milk (that’s been refrigerated overnight, allowing the cream to thicken). Reserve the liquid for a smoothie.
2. Add 1 tbsp of Coconut nectar, swerve icing sugar or honey.
3. Add 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
4. Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Transfer to a reusable bag and cut a small hole at the bottom of the bag (creating a piping bag)
6. Pipe filling into the center of muffin, put the tops back on and refrigerate.
1. Melt 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate with 1 tsp of coconut oil.
2. Remove the cupcakes from the fridge and dip the tops into the melted chocolate. Place back in the fridge to set.
3. Once set use the rest of the filling to make little decorative swirls to finish the cupcakes. Keep in the fridge until ready to enjoy!